09 November 2011

Solstice - P.J. Hoover

Hello guys! Today I'm going to review this book called Solstice. This book came out on September 1, but I think it didn't get the attention it deserved. This book is really really good, that's why I thought I more people should know about it! I'm a huge fan of dystopia, as said before, but this book has something other dystopian book do not have: Greek Mythology! I know maybe some of you will be skeptical about this mix, but I found it refreshing. It's different than the other popular dystopian books you probably have read already. The book is also about Global Warming, a subject we've grown accostumed to nowadays. Tremedous heat threatens to destroy the Earth, and after eighteen years of this heat, Earth is suffering a slow death. And this is when Piper's story begins. She is regular girl, who has an overly overprotective mother and as far as she knows a bad guy for a father. Her best friend Chloe is also a cool character but she doesn't play such a big role in the book. So one day at school two gorgeous guys show up. Both want to have her, and both claim to know her, which is kind of weird and great for her. Both of them are really important to the story and they are the key to the whole mythical thing. The love triangle creates a good struggle for Piper, but in the end you just know who she will pick. For those of you wondering, the story is actually about Hades and Persephone and this book does justice to it. I also think it's great how the global warming and the myth are intertwined.  Overall this book makes a great read. It has action, romance, mystery..what more can you wish for in a book?! Read this book if you are searching for something different to read, it's really worth your time and money, believe me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review SOLSTICE! I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at dystopia and Greek mythology. This book sounds awesome, going on my wishlist right now!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis