24 November 2011

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare

Well, when I received my Clockwork Prince copy in the mail, I didn't imagine it would be such a journey reading it. This book was so enthralling that when I finished it, I just started reading it all over again. I'm a huge fan of Cassandra Clare and I didn't believe that she could outdo herself, but once again she proved me wrong and showed me why she is one of my favorite writers! This book will make you read all day and all night, hours straight and you won't even realise that time has passed you by. The mix of feelings in this book also made me wonder if Cassandra Clare has some secret power of her own, she just can make you feel for each character and each of their feelings. One minute I was laughing and the next I just wanted to cry with a big chocolate bar ( and of course sometimes I just wanted to hit my head against the wall and yell: Why, Ms. Clare, why?!) The book is really well-written and for me is her best book yet. I just love how she can make me empathise with all her characters, now I can't even make up my mind about Will and Jem (and I was in team Will! but now I just can't decide). I must also show love for Tessa. I didn't like her that much in Clockwork Angel, but after Clockwork Prince I think she found her way into my heart. Charlotte and Henry were so cute in this book, I was really happy for them and I hope it will stay that way in Clockwork Princess. The new characters also fit the story, though they didn't have big appearances. Jessamine kind of disappointed me in this book, I really thought she would improve and be a better person, but now I like her even less than before.
The hot scenes in this book are totally awesome! Cassandra Clare writes such scenes so well (and others too, of course) that I really jealous of Tessa. Why can she make out with totally hot guys in the course of few days and I'm just here laying on my bed?!! And I can't forget to mention Magnus Bane! He is one of my favorite characters ever, and everytime Magnus appeared I couldn't stop smiling to myself. He is funny, sweet and just a really well-written characters, can't wait to see more of him in future books!
 There were some events that really shocked me, but that is no surprise, Cassandra's writing is one that could give you a heart attack ;)! The only problem with this book is that it isn't a 500 pages longer! But I would equally happy if Clockwork Princess would be in my mail tomorrow (but I won't get my hopes up)!

This book is probably one of the most-awaited books of 2011 and one of the best, too. It won't disappoint and it's totally worth buying it, believe me. I'm rather sad that it ended and now I'll have to wait a long, long year. But let's find comfort in waiting for the release of City of Lost Souls, which will be released May 8th. Clockwork Prince will be released December 6th, so don't forget to pre-order it if you haven't done it already!

Here is one of my favorite sentences of Clockwork Prince:
" I feel myself dissolving, vanishing into nothingness, for if there is no one in the world who cares for you, do you really exist at all?"       - Page 183

9 comments:

  1. Lets get to Tessa. She annoyed me a bit in this book. Her constant indecisiveness on who she loves more, Will or Jem made her appear as a spoiled person to me. She kept changing her mind over and over, which made me wonder if she truly loved leither one, or of she just loves them because she couldn't find a better choice.
    I loved how Sophie, the housemaid, was more involved in this book. I especially enjoyed her love life. While she might have an ugly scar, she is truly beautiful from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa does annoy me a bit. In both books I never knew what she wanted or better who she wanted. But maybe now that she is to marry Jem she will annoy less with her indecisiveness. But Cassandra does know how to break one's heart! If I put myself in her place I don't know if I could choose between them either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't think she is annoying. I couldn't decide between the two of them either! :) So I guess I would do the same. Can't wait to read last book in series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book, I can't wait until the next one is released.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who is obsessed with Cassandra Clare. I should start reading these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this book now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is so awesome, now I need to read the third one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love this book! Though I must say I'm a hard core Will fan! Can't wait for the next book to come out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this book a lot, I also love her characters, she always makes me care so much about her characters even minor characters. I was so invested in Sophie's story, I wish there was a novella or something about her.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis