29 January 2012

The Haunted - J.A. Templeton

Release date: January 8th 2012
E-book


After battling a malevolent ghost that held the spirit of her friend Ian MacKinnon bound to the land for two hundred years, sixteen-year-old reluctant psychic, Riley Williams, felt as if she was finally easing into her new life in Scotland.

Or so she thought.

Laria, the spirit of the witch who had cursed Ian wants revenge for Riley’s interference and she’s bringing along friends—dark entities who thrive on evil.

The one bright spot in Riley’s world is Ian’s descendent, Kade MacKinnon, who could easily be Ian’s modern day twin. The parallels between the two guys are undeniable. As Riley’s relationship with Kade blossoms, she begins to realize Laria has grown in her power since their last confrontation—a power that could very well manipulate the living just as effectively as the dead. 



Can a sequel be even better than the first one? Yes, it can! J.A. Templeton has proven once again that she can write and keep her readers awake at night. I don't know if I couldn't sleep while reading this book because of the sinister scenes or because this book is too awesome to put it away.

I have to admit one thing did keep me from enjoying this book completely. I asked myself the whole time: why did Laria come back? J.A. Templeton doesn't give an explanation and that nagged me the whole time. I guess that is an answer we will only get when the next book, The Departed, comes out. But I was kind of expecting some kind of answer or maybe a clue?! But this didn't really stop me from loving this book.

I like how everything in this book seems realistic. I mean Riley still fights against the urge to cut herself, and with her father's absence her brother starts to be a total jerk. But of course I still like Shane! I mean, who can handle being possesed by an evil spirit, live with an absent father who starts dating and still be as sweet a person as before? No one, would be my answer.

Another thing that I loved about this book is that Ian appears a couple times and even her mother, so they really show up again. And oh Kade, I have to admit I don't know who I like most, Ian or Kade? Or maybe I don't have to choose, I guess if they really are the same person (or have the same soul) we get two hot guys in one!

I can't say enough good things about this book, I can only tell you to read this book if you haven't yet! And if you haven't read the first one, The Deepest Cut, then you should start it right now. I loved every minute of it and Spring can't come soon enough!








1 comment:

  1. I loved these two books and I cannot wait for the next book to come out!!!!!!! They are a quick read and you will not want to put them down.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis